Here are some lessons that I have learned:
1. Never, EVER trust a basketball team from Utah. Those crazy Mormons at BYU got smoked by Texas A&M; Utah was allegedly seeded higher than Arizona but we now know that was a mistake; Utah St. was giving Marquette a run for its money but couldn't secure the win.
2. Don't underestimate teams from Arizona.
3. West Virginia ... thanks for playing.
4. There was finally some excitement in round one with some overtime action in the Ohio State-Siena game and the Florida St.-Wisconsin matchup.
5. Three out of the four 12 seeds beat the 5 seeds. How often does that happen?
Onwards to round two!
Is this your bracket?